Saturday, May 9, 2009

Stumbling Blocks and Major Stepping Stones

The last two weeks have had me worried and stressed about a variety of things after being laid off. Though I hadn't said anything to anyone I was pretty sure that my plans for racing this year would get postponed. It was the least of my worries compared to so many other things to consider. I have had many interviews just no major job offers yet. I am certian that something will come along and soon.

So I had seen a few stumbling blocks on the horizon and I was ignoring them and concentrating on more urgent issues at hand. That being said today I recieved a letter in the mail from Zanes Cycles (www.zanescycles.com). Letter was congratulating me on being a recipient of a Trek 1.2 Triple and asked me to return the letter with my measurements or to fill out a form online. As I read this by the mailbox I wasn't certain if this was real or some gimmick. However my brain was telling me how in the world would a cycle shop in Connecticut being contacting me and not asking any other information other than my height and inseam? I researched the issue online and I quickly determined that I had a benefactor. I contacted this person and thanked them. I am so very grateful for this unbelievable gift and generosity.

I submitted the online form with my size information and my preassembled and tested Trek will be shipped to me in 14 days. I will keep you updated on when it arrives. I am stoked to have a new road bike! Below are a picture of the bike (not sure on the color -stock on hand) and a link to more info on the bike for those that like specs:




My New Bike!!

3 comments:

Jason Reed May 11, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

What a blessing! When you get your bike we will have to go riding.

Becky May 13, 2009 at 2:39 PM  

How exciting! I am so glad that someone was in a position to help you and that your new bike is so awesome :)

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous May 17, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

Very cool, Dan! Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration to many, so just remember that if you start to get discouraged.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP