Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What is with the ChipIn widget and 'Dan Needs a Bike'?

In a nutshell I am looking for donations or sponsors. Donations can be of any amount and are made via your PayPal account to mine. I am hoping to raise as close to $1500 as possible by the beginning of July.

The money is needed to purchase a road bike, racing gear (clothes, shoes, helmet, etc), entrance fee to the race, as well as road side repair equipment and parts. It is a lot of money and a road bike by itself can easily cost more that $1500. I am looking to be conservative and get a decent starter road bike in the $800 to $1000 range.

The cut off date is so that I have 3 months time to train on the new bike and on the course itself. I am currently doing my best at training on a stationary bike. My ultimate goal is to race in a 100+ mile bike race. My first race will be the Tour de Scottsdale on October 4, 2009 and it is a 70 mile race.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE 5.9.09: changed ChipIn from $1500 to $600 as I have been gifted a bike!!!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP