Friday, April 24, 2009

Relieving Stress and Going the Extra Mile

Well I was being a real bear-cat today, barking and growling at the kids. Negative stress doesn't sit well with me I supposed.

So at about 4 PM today I decided to hop in the stationary bike and go for a ride. Sorry no can do - batteries ran out. So I drove to the store and bought some replacement D batteries. I started riding around 4:30 and I rode and rode and rode. I rode the furthest distance I have ridden to date and for the longest time. I finished 40 miles in 2 hours 24 mins and 50 seconds. Even though it has been almost 2 hours and a shower later I can still feel the calories burning in the ol' factory. Rachel says I am gonna be up all night now - lol.

According to fitday.com at my current weight I burned about 2,200 calories in that butt wrenching ride - that is right it may be TMI but that bike seat is a violator and after an hour it is extremely uncomfortable. I feel I could have ridden far more than the 40 miles if that seat wasn't kicking my trash for the last hour and a half of the ride. I can't wait till I have a road bike that is fitted for my body, it will be so much more comfortable. Till then I enjoy the benefits of the exercise. I am definitely out of the 2 week stall as I have lost weight for 3 days straight. I love getting on the scale first thing in the morning and seeing the weight come off!

1 comments:

John October 12, 2009 at 4:23 AM  

Interesting way to burn calories and getting relief from stress. Such ideas work to some extent. Making such habits is always useful in life. Even I followed some stress management tips to relieve myself from worst situation of stress and anxiety.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP